Last year, Coviu asked US SLPs what their ultimate teletherapy platform looks like. With an ongoing commitment to becoming that dream software for them, here we delve into our findings and highlight some of the solutions we're implementing to address the SLP communities' recommendations and pain points.
What we asked SLPs about telehealth
Coviu asked US SLPs four questions to determine what was most important to them. This is what we found out:
- What functionalities are important to you in choosing a telehealth platform?
- What is the biggest technology gap your organization is facing right now?
- Do you have any suggestions for Coviu to make it more attractive to US users?
- Is Coviu affordable?
What the ideal telehealth platform for SLPs considers
Some common themes emerged from Coviu’s survey. This is what we found out:
1. Affordability: 100% of respondents agreed Coviu hits the mark on affordability. Respondents viewing our pricing page were impressed with our value-for-money plans.
2. User-Friendliness: Clinicians consistently emphasized the importance of a user-friendly interface. Coviu received top marks with an optimized, browser-based, and distraction-free design.
3. Customer Support: It was no surprise fast and reliable support is very important to our SLPs. Coviu was able to meet SLPs requirements with a team available to personally help customers with their troubleshooting technical issues.
4. Suitability for the School Environment: Coviu, an organization born from a scientific project to design the ultimate platform for SLPs which later became corporatized in 2018, understands the unique challenges of SLPs and is optimized for school environments.
- Regular training resources for ongoing professional development.
- Case studies and webinars explaining best practices for teleassessment delivery.
- 1-1 free & quick demo sessions with our team to tailor the product to your needs. Coviu also has a comprehensive help center at customers' fingertips.
- Coviu places a strong emphasis on data security and confidentiality. The platform is fully HIPAA- and FERPA-compliant, ensuring that patient information is handled with the utmost privacy and security.
- The option to work with a team that can ensure our product is tailored to your specific needs and integrates with your existing software.
What features SLPs want for School Environments
Importantly the survey identified several key features that clinicians expressed a strong desire to see in a telehealth platform. It was exciting to see that Coviu already had many of these covered, with others on the road map.
1. Scoring of Teleassessments in Real-Time
Coviu integrates a diverse selection of teleassessments directly into its video calls. This encompasses Pearson standardized assessments, featuring optimized elements for remote administration, including digital administration of prompts during tests to the examiner. Certain tests already support real-time scoring of teleassessments, and there is an ongoing commitment and efforts to enhance this functionality and improve reporting mechanisms.
2. Digital Protocol for Teleassessments
Coviu is currently working to provide digital protocols for teleassessments, with this on the roadmap for 2024 and a goal to be one of the most optimized platforms for teleassessment administration for SLPs in the market.
3. Additional Evaluations for Multiple Disciplines
Coviu already supports the inclusion of additional evaluations tailored for multiple disciplines, catering to the diverse needs of healthcare professionals. This includes a large suite of Pearson teleassessments for behavioral health professionals, as well as SLPs, and more.
4. Screen-sharing and Teletherapy Support
Coviu offers an Apps Marketplace of over 50 Apps to enhance teletherapy delivery such as robust screen-sharing functionality and additional features from a virtual whiteboard to integrated Boom Cards from Boom Learning, providing clinicians with versatile tools to support effective virtual sessions.
5. Use of Multiple Cameras for Different Views
Coviu recognizes the importance of visual clarity and flexibility during telehealth sessions. Clinicians can use multiple cameras simultaneously to showcase different views, fostering a comprehensive and dynamic virtual environment. This includes incorporating document-sharing cameras with the click of a button.
6. Recording and Playback Functionality
Clinicians can already record sessions for review or future reference, offering a valuable tool for assessment, analysis, and ongoing professional development.
We’re Excited to Continue to Grow With You!
Coviu strives to craft a telehealth platform that surpasses the expectations of healthcare professionals by aligning features with their preferences. Your input is invaluable, and we're dedicated to ongoing improvements, addressing pain points, and delivering an innovative, accessible, and user-friendly telehealth experience. Thank you for being a crucial part of Coviu's journey towards excellence and innovation.
Please email our Head of Strategy & Client Growth, Kellie Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org with any of your recommendations, opportunities or questions. We'd love to hear from you!
Looking to take your practice online?