And just like that, 2022 comes to a close! What a wild ride it has been with Coviu launching in the US and expanding our software to include Remote Patient Monitoring capabilities, Phone Telehealth and Group Consultations to provide an all-in-one Virtual Care Engagement Platform. You may have even spotted us cruising around Sydney on some buses!
It really is a testament to how far telehealth and healthcare have come since the pandemic, with March marking 2 years on since Covid-19 changed the world forever. Thanks to you, Coviu has grown 6,250% since the pandemic started, achieving over 10,000 daily calls by over 90,000 clinicians worldwide. Through the growth we witnessed, we were excited to deliver a frictionless virtual care experience aimed at helping improve clinical outcomes, capacity, and workflow efficiencies.
We were also incredibly pleased to announce our new partnership with Leidos Australia to deliver a health knowledge management system to support healthcare services across the Australian Defence Force. The health knowledge management system replaced the ADF’s legacy electronic health record product with a modern, patient-centric health solution with Coviu powering the telehealth technology.
Alongside our growth efforts, we were super thankful to have been acknowledged as finalists in various awards as well as placing 51st on The Australian Financial Review's Fast 100 List. Coviu's CEO Dr Silvia Pfeiffer was also recognised in The Australian Top List of 100 Innovators - an amazing achievement.
Our US launch efforts propelled us to partake in a number of events including the HLTH conference in Las Vegas, the ASHA Convention in New Orleans and NATCON in Washington (to name a few). It was amazing to connect with other like-minded health professionals on a global scale to celebrate the amazing innovation present in the healthcare industry.
To wrap up the year, we are excited to announce that we have delivered over 8.5 million consultations together on our platform! This is an amazing milestone, really showcasing the scale of care being provided virtually. Thank you for being an integral part of Coviu's successes and we can't wait for next year, to share even more exciting things with you! In the meantime, check out some of our latest announcements below.
Free, Live, Webinar
We are excited to be partnering with Megan Walker, Director at Market Savvy for this free practical training webinar! Coviu's CEO Dr Silvia Pfeiffer joins Megan to discuss:
- How to incorporate telehealth into your product offering to support a broader range of clients
- The latest range of user-friendly apps to enhance your telehealth consultations
- How to offer group consultations to support training sessions, team care arrangements, group therapy sessions and more
- The opportunities created by online courses to help more people and increase your revenue at scale
- How to package telehealth with an online course as an attractive and cost-effective offering for your clients
- How to grow your practice and become known for your expertise (beyond your local area) through digital healthcare delivery
Pre-Call Check For Call Hosts
Now when a user clicks a button or link to join a guest/patient/client in a call, the user can perform the following before entering the call:
- Mute their microphone
- Hide their camera
- Switch cameras (if they have multiple cameras)
- Check their camera positioning
- Check their microphone is working
SMS Appointment Reminders, SMS Limits & SMS Usage Tracker
Coviu's new SMS features have arrived! You now have the ability to set configurable SMS Reminders for hosts and guests for Scheduled Sessions and Customer Connect bookings. In the same way that SMS confirmations can be enabled for appointments, admins will be able to send appointment reminders via SMS provided that a mobile number is listed.
This feature has been installed by default and is configurable to customers with Customer Connect and/or Scheduled Sessions on Coviu's Essentials, Standard and Premium plans. There will be an overall SMS limit per user/per account designed to cover core messaging features including invitations, waiting area alerts, appointment confirmations and reminders.
As there are SMS usage limits per user/per account with costs incurred for going over your SMS allocation, an In-App SMS Usage Tracker has been enabled so admin users can keep track of their SMS usage. This is visible in the Dashboard as well as the Billing/Payment area.
In-Call Mute Function
Coming in January, all hosts will have the ability to mute participants during a call. This will allow hosts to manage speaking contributions in a call, particularly when it comes to group call scenarios. Whilst the call host will be able to mute any participant in a call, only the participants can unmute themselves due to privacy regulations. Keep an eye out for this new feature!
All product updates can also be viewed here.
With elevated features and time-saving tools, we’re confident you’ll love using Coviu. Start a 2-week free trial and start running consultations within minutes! No credit card required.
Coviu In The Press
- We're proud to have been named on HolonIQ's annual list as one of the 100 most promising Health Tech startups from Australia and New Zealand! Thank you HolonIQ!
- With mental health more prevalent around the holiday period, aged care residents can rely on support via telehealth, bridging service gaps during this time. Aged Care News speaks with Dr Annie Banbury, Coviu's Head of Clinical Research.
Wishing you and your families a safe and enjoyable break.
See you on Coviu in 2023!