Telehealth Reimbursements For Physiotherapy
How is telehealth reimbursed in Australia?
Many patients and providers can benefit from various reimbursement schemes for different telehealth reimbursements.
A range of programs from the government, medicare, and private health help make telehealth more affordable and accessible because they recognise the value of telehealth to patients and providers.
The recent coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has led to a significant increase in the Medicare Benefits Schedule (BMS) items that cover telehealth.
We've gathered together the current reimbursement schemes and will keep this list up-to-date.
Telehealth Reimbursement Programs
- Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS)
- Private Health Insurance
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)
- Home Care Packages Program (HCP)
- Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Carers Allowance – Department of Human Services
Physiotherapy Telehealth Reimbursements Fact Sheet
Enter your email to download our printable fact sheets with the item numbers and details for specific reimbursements available. We'll keep you updated as the reimbursements change.